Neurology Community
leg, stomach, head connection?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

leg, stomach, head connection?

I'm not really sure how to start this, but when I was a kid, I had a lot of knee and shin issues. Sometimes I would lie in the floor and cry out of pain. My parents just said it was growing pains. I use to be in some sports and quit because the more I ran, the more my legs hurt. Sometimes when I go to move or do simple walking, it feels as if my knee has something in it and i have to wait for it to pop to feel as if it has full mobile function. A lot of the times it feels as if a part of my knee stays in place while the rest of my legs move. Just as of today the back part of my knee feels like something is pinching it inside and it aches. My knees hurt almost everyday. I feel as if my toes have "extra skin" when i press on them, i feel the feeling, but it's tingly and sensitive. I also get dizzy a lot when I do something as simple as lay my head back while sitting, having my hands above my head for a few seconds, and even getting up sometimes. I also feel as if I am in "vertigo" when I lie on my chest. My vision fades in and out, my head pounds and becomes fuzzy, everything sounds weird, and i feel as if i'm falling. I wake up with a lot of back and neck pain. I have since I can remember as a child.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to write you a novel and demand all the answers, but I feel as if maybe they link together somehow.
Hi there!

Well, without an evaluation it would be difficult to identify the cause of your symptoms. Possible causes of knee pain include chondromalacia, tendonitis, bursitis, fractures, patellar dislocation, injuries to the internal knee ligaments/ menisci, infections/ inflammations, arthritis, cyst formation, bone growths/ tumours, nerve injuries etc.; just to name a few.
               The dizziness could be related to low blood pressure, low blood sugar, micronutrient deficiencies, causes related to the inner ear, neurological causes etc. I would suggest considering an initial evaluation by an internist and depending on the cause(s) diagnosed/ suspected, the symptoms can be managed accordingly or specialist(s) care may be sought.
Hope this helps.

Take care!