Neurology Community
leg falling asleep

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

leg falling asleep

I'm 45 years old and an avid exerciser.  I do yoga, strength training and treadmill before yoga classes.  I average 6 hours exercise a week.  I've only started doing yoga in the past 4 months.  I'm noticing when I'm driving and when I sit a long period of time my right foot is beginning to fall asleep and I can kind of feel that sensation up and down my leg.  I'm wondering firstmost if possibly the yoga stretching in my hips might be part of the problem.

I do have sensitivity and have had sensitivity since my 30s in my limbs and spine.  It's improved as I've learned I'm extremely sensitive to caffeine.  I found I was having pretty severe reactions to caffeine in that I would have much pain in my occipital lobe (headache evolving back pain) that radiated into my spine and the base of my skull.  I also had stiffening and soreness in the base of my spine.  It also affects my toes (makes my toes curl, so to speak).  I had extreme difficulty going to sleep at night and found when finally going to sleep, it would abate in my sleep.  All these problems resolved when I quit drinking coffee.  I've had on a couple of occassions some gout possible in one of my fingers on one hand.  Most of it simply goes away when I just don't have caffeine.  

I've been drinking GreenTeaHP with has I think about 45 mg of caffeine.  I really haven't been suspicious that it has been the cause of my recent reoccurence of this problem.  I hope it's not, but wanted to check.  I'm also experiencing some mild twitching in my thumbs.