leg pain
I had total knee replacement about 6 years ago. My right knee was better soon but my left knee seemed to take longer. My knee doesn't bother me now but if I walk a block or so or stand in one place for 5 or more minutes my leg right below the knee gets so painful I can't stand on it. The pain seems to be right behind the surgery scar. I have had mri and bone scans but we can not find out what is causing the pain.
Persistent pain after surgery or a pain arising late after surgery is mostly due to infection, internal scarring (arthrofibrosis), loosening of the prosthesis or wear of the polyurethane component. Since you have mentioned that pain arises right behind the scar, it could be due to internal scarring.  Please consult an orthopedic surgeon for examination and management of the symptoms. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!