Neurology Community
leg pain while sleeping

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

leg pain while sleeping

every once in awhile i get these "spasms" or aches in my leg while i am sleeping and they are so painful they wake me up out of a dead sleep and i will scream for about ten min. while i try to make the pain go away and i cant move my leg or flex my foot without increasing the pain. its very painful and then when i wake up the next morning my lef is full of knots and sore for the rest of the day sometimes longer... i have no idea why this happens. i have been told by dr. it could be caused by  being malurished or stress but i never really get a for sure answer and im worried it could be something more.. has anyone ever heard of such a thing
Hello.

Such cramps in the night are common. They occur due to some deficiency of certain electrolytes (sodium, potassium) in the blood. This deficiency is not so much that you have any other symptoms, but at night, you get the cramps. Please make sure you drink water and add some salt to it.

Regards