Neurology Community
leg twitches

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

leg twitches

not sure if this is right topic but anyways!  at night generally when im tired my leg will twitch it only happens in my leg and if i try and stop it from doing it i get a massive pain shooting up my leg! also i sometimes wake up with cramp in my leg where the pain is unbearable and the only way i can get the pain to sto my leg top is to stand up and put weight on it anyone know what this could be thanks!
Hi.

Mostly, these are due to consequences of stress, affecting muscles and nerves.  Other conditions can include deficiencies in essential vitamins such as Vitamin B.  However, these can also be early manifestations of conditions such as ALS, and sometimes can be due to demyelinating conditions such as MS.
Hi there .Not sure i can help but Ive had the same problem as you. I would recommened you go see your dr but also,I  started taking Magnesium,250mgs,tablet form, daily and you would not believe the difference! I stopped taking it for a week to see what would happen, pain and twitching back. A simple solution but you need to find out why you might be lacking in Mag. Hope it works for you. Cath278
Hello!
I had similar symptoms and found out that I had a potassium deficiency. 'Hope this helps...I would definitely consult with your physician to identify the root cause of your symptoms.