Neurology Community
letters and words disappear while reading
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

letters and words disappear while reading

My nine year old son has said while reading letters and words are disappearing. This was brought to my attention because he was having trouble reading aloud in class and sent to the nurse. He says this has been happening everytime he reads since the beginning of Dec. 07.  He is the top student in his class in all subjects- very bright. Some history on my son: when he was 3-4 we thought he might be having seizures due to staring spells(his eeg was fine) and the staring spells went away, last spring he started having daily mild headaches(brought to eye doctor and said his eyes were fine-5/07) and in 7/07 had a disturbing episode of numb left side with slurred speach for several minutes followed by a severe migraine(cat scan & mri fine and neurology dr. said migraines) he also has a benign heart murmer. He has not had to many headaches this year nor has he had another migraine- only the one. The pediatrician said the problems with vision while reading are from migraines but this is happening everytime he reads and I am worried. Any advice on what I should do or thoughts on what it possibly sounds like would be greatly appreciated.Thank you