levaquin and nerve damage
I took 20 days of levaquin 3 years ago for pneumonia.  I was 39 years of age, healthy with no other problems and took no other medications.  On day 15 I developed severe total body aching.  I took all 20 days, eventually recovered from the pneumonia but then suffered tendon pain primarily in my elbows and knees for 2 years.  During the time I took the drug, I had a lot of muscle twitching.  One year ago I started having random shooting pain that has progressed.  Recently I saw my MD and she ordered several blood tests and MRI to look for MS and other peripheral neuropathy causes.  All blood tests and the MRI were normal.  I think that I have had a severe drug reaction and do you think the shooting pain is Levaquin related?  I took Ibuprofen for the tendon pain for 2 years starting the day after I finished the Levaquin 3 years ago.  Did this increase the nerve damage?  I have no balance or muscular strength problems.
You need to go to the FDA website and file a drug side-effect report.

It is hard to say if the cause is the Levaquin.

I foolishly insisted on taking Levaquin following some severe infections and I have to say in  two words: "Never Again". Twitching, muscle pain, aches for six months.....arghhhh.
Yes, I filed a FDA report.  I took 20 days of levaquin.  Never will again, more importantly I will not run my type A self run down like I did before (professional, perfectionist mother) as to avoid infections.