Neurology Expert Forum
light headed waves of my pulse in my head
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

light headed waves of my pulse in my head

i dont know how to explain what i feel , but its like a light headed , dizzy feeling when i get excited or emotional , i hear a wave pulse like drum in my ears when it happens..its not really dizzy like when you stand up , i can see a picture of someone i have feelings for , a new relationship , any emotion and it happens , a throbbing in my ears and light headed...kinda feels like i have baked up sinuses in my ears , but i had a cat scan and there is only a little sinusitis ....i think i may be going through the change (premenapausal) but my dr. cant pin point what it is ..i never been diagnosed with anxiety attacks i dont even know what they are ...i have always been very emotional , but this just started less then a year ago ...i have had negative stress tests , and i hate this feeling ...it comes when im sexually aroused too....does anyone know what is happening to me , any guesses ?
Related Discussions
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with your doctor.

Without the ability to examine you and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of your symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

Your symptoms light-headedness, if only occuring with excitement, are unlikely to be a result of a serious neurologic problem. In general, with emotional excitement, our sympathetic nervous system releases adrenaline, which leads to mildly elevated blood pressure, pulse (though usually remaining within the normal range), increased sweating, dilated pupils etc. Sometimes, some people have heightened physical awareness of these changes. This can occur in people with anxiety. It is important to make sure that during these sensations, the blood pressure or pulse are not particularly elevated (this can be checked with a routine blood pressure cuff). There are certain disorders of blood vessel spasm in the brain that can occur with emotional excitement, sexual arousal (called reversible cerebral vasoconstriction), but this leads more to headache that is more long-lasting. Arrhythmias, or abnormal heart rhythms, should also be excluded; this can be done with a monitor called a holter.

Continued follow-up with your primary doctor is recommended.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank