Neurology Community
limbo and frustrated

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

limbo and frustrated

Im a 29 year old female with a hx of neck and back issuses for the past at least nine yeara with the neck being at its worst last year. Doctor did neck and upper back MRI and found arithis and five bulging disvd and sent me to physical threapy which went well for a while then I stopped going. In sept I felt right arm aching and feeling heavy  then in early Oct 4 started feeling right leg ache fatigue with tightness in thigh area then it started in other leg and arm  with some tingling and buzzing sensation at times. I then started getting twitching everywhere and crramping in Calves.I then went to doc ran thyroid, b12,, ana,magnesium,electrolytes and found nothing.  I then went to the er frustrated and full of anxiety which I do have. Then the neuro did a neuro test didnt seen twitching no weakness. Made referral to neuro for emg. This is all after two months. Neuro did emg which was fine. He said anxiety and stress. Went back to Primary sent for brain MR after vison blurrying in one and  two eye doctor visits. Brain MRI fine. Forgot to mention first vertigo episode in  June always had some dizziness. have palpatations often last
couple of years. Lately expeirencing fullness in ears with thuming and noise issues. Going bac  to neuro in Feb and rheumo two Weeks. Have women in family with hx of lupus and ra. Dont know what is going .
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) could be causing the symptoms you described. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) can affect the skin, musculoskeletal, heart, kidneys and the brain.
In lupus the blood counts (red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets) are low, positive antinuclear antibodies in the blood, increased sedimentation rates and increased C reactive protein. Diagnosis of Lupus is a combination of clinical symptoms and tests and there are '11' criteria. Your symptoms could also be due to inner ear disorders. Please check with your doctor to rule out these conditions.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thank you I did followup and the rhuemo order blood tests last week.
Hi doctor the rhuemo ran the bloodwork and it all came back negative. What could be causing my symptoms?
i also followed up with a cardiologist who performed and echocardigam and a ekg which came back normal.