Neurology Community
lingering concussion affects
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lingering concussion affects

I suffered a concussion during my high school softball game 2-3 months ago and I still have headaches constantly throughout the day. It sounds strange but before the injury I had never really had headaches and now get them all the time. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they think is going on and what I should do.
Related Discussions
Well, first and obviously, you should go back to the docs who treated you for the concussion and perhaps they'll do another scan for you and see if there's anything amiss.  But like any broken bone, it takes a while for something like that to stop bothering you.  You could also still have some swelling from the injury causing those headaches, and your family doc might can prescribe you some anti-inflammatories or give other advice that might get that under control.

Apart from that, I can tell you there is a possibility that when you hurt your head, if impact was hard enough, it may have also wrenched your neck muscles.  You can either ask your family doc to refer you to a physical therapist, or you can just simply on your own try a professional massage therapist, they'll rub out the muscles in your back, shoulders, and neck, and after a few repeat visits, could be your neck muscles will finally relax, and thus your headaches will go away.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...