loestrin 24, no period
i've been on the birth control pill loestrin 24 for about a year. its supposed to shorten periods, but i haven't had one at all since i've started this pill. my doctor said that this is fine, only it seems a little wierd/risky so if anyone knows anything about this, i'd just like a second opinion..
i've had no side effects at all or anything, just no period, no cramps, just nothing.
also, if does anyone happen to know if i can go for a few more years like this?
is it safe?
doesn't sound so to me :]
thanks.

Absence of menstrual bleeding (periods) during and after cessation of oral contraceptives is a known side effect ot these medications.The reported incidence for amenorrhea lasting more than 6 months after the pill is stopped is 0.8% . Therefore, amenorrhea of greater than 6 months duration after oral contraceptive use is not related to the pill use.

Hence relax, the periods will come back once you stop taking Loestrin (as it occurs in majority of cases).
It has been a little over 3 years since my ablation, and my uterus had collapsed because of the scar tissue. Well my OB reopened my uterus and removed all of the scar tissue and said my lining looks great now that all of the scar tissue is removed, and he said with hormone treatment it should continue to grow normally now. He has me on estradiol for a month, and then I'm supposed to take Provera for a week, and continue this treatment for 3 months. He said now he just has to get me to start having a monthly cycle, because if I don't my uterus could collapse again. He did say that my uterine lining was healthy enough to support a pregnancy, but without having a period it was unlikely I would get pregnant. He said the hormone treatment should work, because this is the treatment they give to women with irregular periods. Has anyone been on this treatment to help with conception or to restore periods?
I need to know it's possible after receve this bitrh control pill Loesterin 24 after this can;t be have children,please advice,cause I heard from older sister after receiving this pills possible