Neurology Community
loss of feeling in index finger and thumb

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I broke my right lower arm 29th July, only one bone broken into a v shape so had operation to have metal plate with 6 screws. I have seen dr again few days ago and he is happy with way all working, ie finger etc etc but I have I problem which does not seem to be improving.

On the underside of my thumb and index finger  travelling down to where the fingers join the hand, i have loss of feeling. I reckon about 1/2 of feeling lost. it feels like pins and needles and numb type feeling - not nice. when I was in hospital they said give it 2 weeks and the feeling will come back but it is coming up to 5 weeks and the feeling has not come back. - the swelling has all gone now, I did hope that once that had gone the feeling would be back, but not the case.

So the question is Will the feeling come back? or do u think it has been to long now? is there anything I can do to help it get better or is the damage done and will not repair itself?

I look forward to your reply
thanking u in advance