Neurology Community
loss of muscle mass and strength

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

loss of muscle mass and strength

I am experiencing chronic pains to my joints and limbs; also loss of muscle mass and strength.  This has continued for 3 months.  Started when I fell from a ladder and injured the ribs on my right side.  Xrays are negative; CT and MRI scans have showed negative except for bone spurs in my neck and spine.  I am getting weaker my legs are losing strength and ability to support me for any period of time.  Appetite good, weight stable for duration.

Thanks for posting.
Loss of muscle mass can occur due to a number of reasons like protein deficiency; other causes like diabetes which can cause neuropathy and then result in loss of muscles, and muscle dystrophies.
A complete neurological exam is warranted. Please consult a neurologist at your earliest.
Take care!