lots of pain
I am a 35yrs old and I had an injury at work. I have had 3 knee scopes and since this accident I have c/o pain in my buttocks area that radiates down the leg. sometimes it feels like a knife is stabbing me and when it gets bad it feels like fire. I have numbness and tingling that goes down to my toes. sometimes my whole leg experiences all these at once and then the leg goes dead for a few seconds. MRI r/o herination and now I am going to get an EMG and see a neurologist. I am I on the right track. I am really scared because I am a nurse and I need my legs to work?????
Hello Dear,
You need to go in for EMG and nerve conduction studies .You should consult a physiotherapist for pain management.
Physical therapy such as hydrotherapy, massage, and hot/cold therapy.
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) is a treatment in which a painless electrical current is sent to specific nerves through electrode patches that are placed on the skin. The mild electrical current generates heat that serves to relieve stiffness, improve mobility, and relieve pain
Treatment methods should be focused on pain relief and maintaining quality of life.

Refer http://www.spineuniverse.com/displayarticle.php/article180.html
Best