lumbar spinal leak (persistent)
I had a dura tear after lumbar surgery ..... I had a CSF drain placed.   Spinal fluid continued to drain and a second one was placed before I was released from the hospital.
After 10 days recovery the leak returned. I returned back into the hospital for another surgery for a blood patch and another CSF drain placed. I've been home for 11 weeks and the leak has returned. I just had another MRI to confirm.  The headaches is at a level that one can't live with. The doctor has me on Butalbital/apap/caffeine. I drink caffeine through out the day to help the pain. ...Can another operation help repair persistent leakage??
Can you recommend a good spinal sugeron either in my area Louisvill ky or anywhere??
What would be the cause of the recurrence??
Thank you
have u been fixed yet i am in the same boat i have been laying flat in bed for over 3 months now
Just curious if you have found a postive cure for your leaks or at least relief.  I had a laminectomy in April 2007 and a leak began in May.  Two more surgeries, multiple blood patches, and two five day stays with a spinal cath in laying flat unable to move in attempts to repair the dura leak.  Nothing did the trick.  Today the leaks are far less in intensity then back in 07, but they still put me down for days.  I think there is still a bone spur or sharp edge that continues to tear the dura, but can't find a doctor who will attempt surgery.  they all say just deal with it and it will get better!  Certainly not going back to Dr Sasso that performed the original surgeries!