Neurology Community
lump on back of head causing pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lump on back of head causing pain

A friend of mine has a small lump on the back right side of his head.  It swells every once in a while which causes a headache that migrates toward the front.  Then goes away.  This has been going on for around 2 years.  It's only on the right side.  He has seen his pcp and they suggested it may just be a tension headache.  Any suggestions as to what could be causing this??
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
368886_tn?1278962315
Hello.

It is difficult to tell what the lump is without some more information about it. How is the lump to touch ? Is it soft, cyst-like ? Does it increase on exercise, such as running ? Has the PCP seen the lump ? What was his comment ?

Is the lump there since 2 years ?

Regards
Blank
The lump is soft and swells randomly, not necessarily with exercise.  He has seen a couple Dr's regarding the lump and headache.  One said it was normal, another suggested a tension headache and also maybe an inflammation of some sort.  He was given some meds for that.  Didn't help.  This has been going on for 2 yrs.
Blank
368886_tn?1278962315
Hello.

I am not convinced that lump is a normal thing. I would refer him to a General Surgeon, even if this is a "normal" lump. A General Surgeon's opinion holds weight. It looks to be related to the symptoms, as the pain starts when it swells.

I suspect some venous malformation.

Regards

Blank
I have a situation similar like his friend, im 22 years old and  i feel like sometimes i have a bump in my head im good and then suddenly it hits very sharp and loud the pain, if i walk faster or get angry it gets more tension, you know like some people if they go bald they would look pretty i dont think thats my case i feel like my head has a lot of lumps? thats the way u call it? i never had an accident or get hurt in my head hard, but this pain hits really hard suddenly...
Blank
hi i am a 13 yr old and i have 2 bumps on my head and whenever i get a tonsil related problem it swells up and it starts 2 pain suddenly . my doctor had said that maybe it could b caused by some infection.but it pains really hard and when i put some ointment like some balm on it it just burns.plz suggest me something 2 cure this.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...