malignant hypothermia/central core desease
hi, a couple of years ago i was diagnosed with malignant hypothermia and i was told by nerologist that central core desease could also be factor. but for some reason i only had one test which came back inconclusive, thing is, is that i shake quite a bit, sometimes i have no control over muscles and i shake uncontrollably, and i was wondering if maybe this could be start of the central core desease. i went to the doctors but with it being so rare, the doctor didnt seem to know what mh was or if infact it was associated with central core desease, she had to look it up in a book, but i don't think was that helpfull as she told me that mh and central core desease didn't come hand in hand. not only do i shake alot of the time i seem to have a few problems with the top half of my back and my neck which ache alot of the time, and my muscles seem to twitch, my left arm has become quite weak, becoming completly immobile if i hold anything even slightly heavy, ie, i held a 10 month old baby for 10 mins and lost the use of my arm for about half an hour, my other arm was fine. could this be anything to with the condition?
Regarding: Malignant Hypothermia.
Wendy, my wife, age 63, is going in for eye surgery, tomarrow morn. She was diagnosed, 35 yrs ago to have "Malignant Hypothermia." She nearly died. I have searched the web, called the MHaus,hotline in New York. THey had never heard of it, their info is on HYPERthermia, not HYPOthermia. I found this site and wish to have more info.
Although there is litttle info to the public, regarding this problem, the Dentists and other Docs seem to, not only appreciate knowing about her problem, but obviously know how to work with this. If you have any advice or help to find any info about Malignant Hypothermia, please let me know.
Ed and Wendy,
Nashville, TN