medial plantar neuropathy
I have been diagnosed with medial plantar neuropathy.  It took a year and a half of seeing doctors to get a diagnosis.  We believe it is tied to trauma.  I had a c-section and tore the incision open two weeks after birth.  Just wondering what I can do to rid myself of these painful symptoms?
Hi there. Diseases of the tibial nerve also known as the posterior tibial nerve include tarsal tunnel syndrome as the commonest association. Leg injuries, ischemia, inflammatory conditions like collagen diseases may also affect the nerve. Clinical features include paralysis of plantar flexion, ankle inversion and toe flexion and loss of sensation over the sole of the foot.
Medical therapy for tarsal tunnel syndrome may consist of local injection of steroids into the tarsal canal. Local anesthetics and soluble steroids can be used to reduce patient’s pain. Physical therapy may be valuable to reduce local soft tissue edema, decompressing the compartment. Night splints with foot in plantar flexion and varus may be tried for valgus foot.. get in touch with an orthopaedician and a physiotherapist. Take care.