Aa
A
A
Close
meningioma recovery
2 meningioma removed 1 year ago.  back at work.  not feeling very glad about anything, grumpy, impatient.  wavering between indifference and rage.  due to tumors, still?
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi Wilcoxe,
How are you feeling now?
The time to recovery from resection of a cerebral convexity meningioma varies by patient, tumor, and operation.
Meningiomas do sometimes reoccur after surgery or radiation. Regular follow-up MRI or CT scans (once every one to three years) are an important part of long term health care for anyone diagnosed with a meningioma.
Your symptoms do not seem to be due to recurring meningioma.
Are you enrolled on rehab programme?
Hope this helps.
Bye.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Both tumors in frontal lobe.  I'm not feeling good...get tired quickly, emotional responses often not in alignment with stimuli, not sad but not glad, cold most of the time.  Doctors are pleased that I survived.  I've had one follow-up MRI, am scheduled for another next summer. So mostly I"m concerned about changes in emotional states and responses.  Any link to the surgery/removal?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hi,
Removal of tumors from frontal lobe will definitely cause residual behavioral disorder. It is understandable after frontal lobe surgery to have disturbed emotional states.
Hope this helps.
Bye.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources