migraine equivalent
I was just diagnosed with sensory migraine equivalent by a consulting neurologist after a clear MRI. The initial acute onset was of left sided weakness, disorientation ('foggy brain") and 48 hours of lethargy requiring bed rest with a moderate headache occuring 36 hours after the onset.  I am 50 years old in excellent health without any prior history, family or otherwise, of migraine headache . I have a very active lifestyle including family and business activites.  

My question?  I am still feeling some of the left arm (and leg) weakness after 1 week, which I have been told will resolve.  Does anyone have information as to average length of this weakness or any other information about this hemiplegic type of migraine equivalent?  

As the symptoms are difficult to distinguish between a TIA or other cardiac symptoms I was told to visit an ER if this happens again.  I would like information to help me understand the triggers , etc as this truely "came out of the blue" for me and I was told that I am entering the age bracket with most likely occurance of this type of migraine.  

I will also try to post this on the MD forum later as it states it is not accepting more questions at this time.  

Thank you.