Neurology Community
migraines, occipital neuralgia?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

migraines, occipital neuralgia?

I've had migraines for at least 16 yrs. and have had a  hard time finding someone who can help me. My Dr. said he doesn't know too much about migraines so I basically do all investigative work to try to come up with tests etc. to find answers. I had gone to a neurologist but felt like I was just getting "blanket statements". No real diagnosis besides chronic daily migraines have been given. I've found that, through more searching, the symptoms I have seem most like occipital neuralgia. I have no idea what to do about it or what steps need to be taken. I've tried alot of different migraine meds. and preventatives with no success. I basically just take Fioricet but I need more help than just running to the ER for a shot when they get bad. I understand about the rebound headaches from Fioricet, but with all headaches being daily the pain is the same with or without taking it. Does anyone have any suggestions or any connections with someone in Utah who could help or may have answers for me?  I'm very weary...  and I'm in school for Nursing so  I really need to get this under control!  Thank you very much  
You must be worn out with this! I know that I am! I have spinal stenosis which may be the cause of my OC and also have occasional trigeminal neuralgia headaches (these bring me to my knees). I think the meds that help the most for me are Lortab and Neuronton. Stretching helps as well. I could stay on the couch 24/7, but, decided that I am just going to have to push through the pain and get on with life. Staying on top of the pain by remembering to take your meds before the severe pain returns is the most important advice I can give you.
This is the first forum I have participated in and certainly would enjoy having someone to visit with when I need a fellow sufferer. I have stopped sharing my pains from ON, TN, FMS, and RA with others, as, I don't want to allienate them or make them pity me, None of this is terminal and my husband and grown children are all wonderful, so that is what I try to focus on when I'm down.
Let me know anytime you need to share. I am a good listener.
Good Luck!
Gammalistens