Neurology Expert Forum
mild cramps, loose stools, constipaton, skin sores.

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hears the deal.I went to Iraq in 2003 to 2004. I got back in March of 2004. In April of 2004 I started getting these volcano looking sores on my arm that eventually left me with a hole in my skin and ended up with a scar. My supervisors thought that I might have leishmaniasis, but when I went to Walter Reid in DC, the blood test were negative.  I got a stomach virus in November of 2004. In January of 2005, My stomach was starting to feel upset every 2 or 3 days. By the begginging of February, my stomach bothered me all the time, always upset. I ate maybe once a day, or every 2 days. At the end of March I went from 165lbs to 148lbs. I had every blood, stool sample known to man, CAT scan, endoscopy, upper GI, all met with negative results. Finally the doctors did a gastric emptying. I was told that when I got the stomach virus, that it damaged the nerve that helps the stomach contract and move food out of the stomach, which is the cause for all my problems. I was also told that recovery time is 6 months to 2 years. I use to work out at the gym alot, and eat all the time, drink on the weekends, and now my life has done a complete 180*. My condition has impoved a little since Noivember of 2004. I can eat normally 2-3 times a day, nothing like I use to, and work out alittle bit, but I still feel unhealthy, I feel like there is something bad inside inside me, something "not right". I still get the sores everyonce in a while. The last couple of sores I got were under my arms, whichwas last month I think. Its so difficult dealing with army doctors, please help if you can, thanks.
Sorry about the delay in answering your post, you have a complicated complex case

I am not an expert in infectious disease, so its difficult to for me ot comment on your case. It does sound like you had some kind of parasitic infection. Some of the tests though are not always positive if an infection is present. Continung to have sores might suggest that the infection is not eradicated, and further diagnostic attempts should be made

The quoted recovery time is the limit at which we say no furthe rnerve regeneration is possible. Isolated involvement of the gastric nerve would seem unusual for a post infectious neuropathy. It could happen though with neuralgic amyotrophy, a condition that affect motor nerves one at a time, evoles and usually resolves over 4-6 weeks.
Behcet's?
Thanks for your help, sound very similar.  Also if anyone would know if these skin lesions are possible to spread, or contagious

thanks
Have your doctors seen the sores? Did a dermatologist see them? If you have difficulties getting to the doctor when your sores are there, perhaps take a picture of them. Docs frequently won't believe you unless they see it themselves. I hope you feel better soon.