Neurology Community
minimally Invasive Surgery anyone?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

minimally Invasive Surgery anyone?

After viewing the MRI, I and the neurologist believe I have a pinched nerve in either my cervical C6-7 area or the thoracic spine in the T6 to the T10 area but can not see any, + there are some bone spurs and arthritis as that comes with age I guess,  they don't cause too much back pain but it causes serve chest pain right below the collar bone like an electric shock.

I have had all the heart tests including the stress test and all appears OK.  Blood pressure and pulse are normal.  I do take a blood thinner called metoprolol, I had the same symptoms before I started them.

Has anyone experienced this problem and what can be done about it?  I am considering  minimally invasive surgery, has anyone had that and was it successful?

I am open to any and all suggestions.

Hello Dear
I would recommend you to first go for conservative treatment and keep surgery as the last option
Treatment options are geared toward pain relief.
.
You  should go in for Physical therapy such as hydrotherapy, massage, and hot/cold therapy.
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation is a treatment in which a painless electrical current is sent to specific nerves through electrode patches that are placed on the skin. The mild electrical current generates heat that serves to relieve stiffness, improve mobility, and relieve pain .Neck and back exercises will help you.
Treatment methods should be focused on pain relief and maintaining quality of life..Although slow, usually these conservative treatments relieve pain.
Best

thank you for your responce to my question, i will check out these suggestions

oilhauler
I am seeking a  cure for my fiancee who is suffering from many symptoms.
Read my post below.
However, I found a web page about prolotherapy that may help you  
as a last resort before surgery if nothing else works. This therapy
is supposed to be great for bone spurs but I never tried it so  
I  can only recommend you research this yourself. Also,
get a second opinion from another neurologist before surgery.
URLS:
http://www.prolonews.com/what_is_prolotherapy.htm
http://www.spineuniverse.com

Good Luck!
Cora

I am diagnosed with diabetes, upper and lower back pain, Juvenile Rheumatoid arthritis, epididymitis, high blood pressure, depression, and a possible MS disorder. I have symptoms of peripheral neuropathy even though this hasn't been added to my list of diagnosis. I have excruciating crushing and burning pain running through my left arm on a nonstop basis. I feel pain all over but the arm back overshadows the rest of my body pain and I have to do something to get rid of it. It is interfering with my daily life. I take pills for my heart, diabetes.
The neurontin pills don't really help the pain..just helps the shaking I have at night. The doctor has tried me on Darvocets, Tylenol 3 with Codeines and none of those pills ease the pain..just makes me feel groggy and dizzy. I sometimes break out in sweats.

In 2006, a MRS was done on my lower back and
the doctor told me that detioration of the spine was occuring. In 2008, I had an x-ray taken of my lower back and the doctor said nothing abnormal was found. My doctor sent me to a pain center and the pain doctor gave me 4 cortisone injections in my cervical spine. He said the pain in my left arm was definitely caused by a problem in my cervical spine. He recommended an MRI to my doctor.

The first shot helped me regain mobility and lessened the pain in my arm from an average of 8-10 down to a 3 or less.
However, after a month the pain returned.
My doctor said I cannot have an MRI done because my medicaid will not cover it if I had an mri done in 2006. However, the MRI I had done in 2006 was on my lower back. I read that x-rays are very different from MRI's. I read that an MRI is necessary in order for docotrs to find out if I have a slipped disc,etc. My doctor gave me a slip to get this x-ray done but I have had arm pain since 1987. The pain has subsided at times and most of the time the doctors I visited in the past accused me of not having pain at all. My pain is invisible and it is getting worse. Sometimes, I feel like like chopping off my left arm so I don't have to deal with this anymore. I never get a normal nights sleep and I don't feel like waking up in the morning because I don't want to feel the pain.
Can you help me get rid of this pain?
Any advice will be appreciated.

This letter was typed by my home care nurse because I have extreme numbness in my hands and I can't type for long periods of time.