moderate loss of function- Rt bicep - surgery didn't help
Five years ago I noticed a gradual loss of strength in my right BICEP and the radial brachialis of my right arm. This is accompanied by moderate loss of feeling in thumb, index and middle fingers of right hand. Opinions were that MRI's indicated a narrowing in the foraminal tunnel and associated born spurs narrowing the spinal tunnel. I have had four surgeries on degenerative disks, including fusion (C3-5, C6-7) and laminectomy (C3-6). All of these surgeries have not brought on any return of strength. Neurological nerve path tests have shown that some signals to these areas exists and there is still minor function to both areas. It has neither deteriorated nor improved since initial onset of symptom. Some carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms exist.

I can pick light objects up occasionally, but heavy objects (+3 lbs) restrict my arm from bending at the elbow. I can curl a 1 lb. weight to my shoulder, bending the elbow, for about 10-12 repetitions before failure.

Are there any other options at this point? Pt. age: 59. Male. Profession: Educator, college.