Neurology Community
mouth pain and neurology

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

mouth pain and neurology

Last year in april I got all of my teeth pulled due to cavities and other issues, I only have six teeth at the bottom and evry now and then , I experience severe pain in my mouth. it feels like ive been holding my mouth open for 24hours! I experience a sharp pain from the right back side of my head and it shoots to the very front of the right side. the whole left side of my face is in severe pain but mind you there are no teeth there. What is the problem and what can i do to ease the pain because I feel like I cant take anymore.
I had a relative who had his teeth pulled, and years later he would occasionally feel that awful nerve pain you're talking about.  Kind of like when someone loses a limb, they still feel it.  The nerves that supply the affected area are still active, you see.  I suppose there is a possibility you have an infection where the teeth were, since you're less than a year out, so perhaps the dentist can offer some ideas.  Maybe they can permanently deaden those nerves or something, too.