Neurology Expert Forum
mri , gliosis and mild microvascular disease
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

mri , gliosis and mild microvascular disease

Hi, i am joy 46 wfm  in the last couple of years i have had 2 mri's they  had another mri done a week or so back i am wondering if you could please explain it in layman tems so i can better understand what it means . they have me set to go into a seizure monitoring center for a week after that they fill they can  correct the problem with surgery {many meds have been tried }  the mri states as follows ........................................................there is no midline shift. ventricles are normal in size and configuration. there is a large developmental venous anomaly in the left temporal lobe. the flair images show several scattered subcortical T2 hyperintensities in both hemispheres. several of these were present on the prior study, others were not seen, however, there are some notable technical differences between the two studdies and i would hesitate to infer that the subcortical T2 hyperintensities were not present earlier. in either case they probably represent areas of gliosis secondary to mild microvascular disease. the hippocampal formations are symmetric in contour and signal intensity. dwi shows no acute findings . thank you so very much for your time and may God bless you for sharing it . signed ,joy