m.r.i. brain scan results
what does this mean
there are a few scattered T2 and FLAIR bright signal intensity lesions throughout the periventricular white matter consistant with chronic small vessel white matter ischemic change.
Differential would include chronic small vessel ischemic change, demylination or gliosis.
Hi.

Your findings on MRI are not specific to a single disease and could be associated with either small vessel ischemia, a demyelinating disorder, or gliosis.

Small vessel ischemia is basically lack of blood flow in small blood vessels in the brain. This occurs when microatheromata occlude the orifice of small blood vessels in the brain, or when there is lipohyalinosis in which pathologic changes occur in these blood vessels in the presence of chronic hypertension.

Demyelination occurs when the covering of nerves, the myelin, get stripped off or damaged due to neurological disorders such as multiple sclerosis.

Gliosis is the normal response to injury and represents specific types of nerve cells clustering at the injury site to promote healing.

All these are only impressions and should always be correlated with a patient's symptoms.

Is this MRI yours? Do you have any symptoms that could be associated with these findings?
yes this m.r.i. is mine.
and thank you so much for replying.
i have symptoms as follows;
headaches, dizziness loss of feeling in my hand on left side and i have some kind of wierd siezure like spells where i start shaking then my lips face and both hands go numb and my legs shake and go weak and i black out and almost always fall to the ground where i am at.
i have a history of being beat in the head by an x who is no longer anywhere near me thank god.
i also have problems with my blood pressure now as the bottom number wants to stay very high past 110.
i also have thyroid disease-hashimoto's. i also continuosly get sick to my stomach. expecially with my headaches which usually start on my left side of my head behind my hear and then turns to a huge migraine. sometimes it causes me to have major nose bleeds with heavy bleeding. a few times i have had to go to the emrgency room over these headaches and they have had to give me shots of blood thinners and pain medication and higher doses of blood pressure medicine, i try to avoid going to the hosppital because the pain medication always makes me sick  and i would rather have the pain then be sick to my stomach.