Neurology Community
mri results

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

mri results

I recently had an MRI because I have been experiencing some numbness, tingling, muscle twitching, and extreme fatigue. The report stated this,

"The FLAIR imaging shows multiple bilateral bright areas in the periventricular region and the deep white matter in the frontal and parietal lobes and a few in the corona radiata.The posterior fossa is unremarkable. There is no evidence of enhancing lesions.
The temporal lobes appear normal and symmetric, specifically the hippocampal region and there is no medial temporal sclerosis demonstrated. The parasellar area appears normal. The pituitary stalk is in the midline. The pituitary gland shows no definite mass. No tonsillar herniation is seen. The sinuses are unremarkable except
for a 9 mm cyst or polyp in the left maxillary sinus. Normal flow voids are seen in the vertebrobasilar system and the internal carotid arteries. No shift is noted. There is no leptomeningeal enhancement seen anywhere.

IMPRESSION: UNREMARKABLE STUDY. NO ENHANCING LESIONS. THE ONLY
ABNORMALITY DEMONSTRATED ARE NONSPECIFIC WHITE MATTER CHANGES.
FINDINGS ARE NONSPECIFIC. CERTAINLY CANNOT RULE OUT MULTIPLE
SCLEROSIS ALTHOUGH THIS IS NOT SPECIFIC. CLINICAL CORRELATION IS
SUGGESTED. THIS CAN BE FOLLOWED WITH MR IF NECESSARY."

I am confused as to what this means. I am only 30 and a single mother of 4 children. Sometimes I feel like I can't concentrate, my vision has been blurred a couple times, I saw bright purple lights a couple weeks ago, I am tired all the time, I feel depressed, I have recently started to get headaches within the past week, I wake up often in the night and sometimes my arms are all tingly. I misuse words constantly. I go to a nuerologist on August 21st, but that seems like it is so far away.

Can anyone offer any advice or insight......please?

-Carissa
Hi Carissa,
I have been tingling, and having many strange symptoms for two years now, always adding to the list of symptoms. It often seem to take time to show on tests what is going on. I also have those bright spots, was told it could be my age. This can be many things, so the Neuro has to rule other things out before he can know for sure. I hope you get answer soon, but prepare your self if it wont be so soon. You should maybe post this also in the MS community, because there are many very active members that are helpful to people like us, who are in limbo.

My best,
Dagun