Neurology Community
ms or not

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

ms or not

a low t1 and high t2 focus on basial gangila most likley perivasular space have been having ms symptoms for 5 years . anyone please help

Hi not sure what that means but those on the MS forum here may....try posting there as well, I hope u get answers, but I am sure ur MRI would include demylation if it was MS....there r many conditions with similar symptoms to MS...not that u have it, I do Chiari malformation is so similar it is often times misdx'd as MS...and it is not....so, keep asking questions and getting tested and always get copies of ur tests so u can easily  get a 2nd opinion....good luck <3
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Multiple-Sclerosis/show/41
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Usually a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis can be made over months to years and it is based on MRI, , electro physiological potentials from the brain and the presence of abnormal cells in the cerebrospinal fluid (fluid surrounding the brain). MRI can show varying lesions in multiple sclerosis. MRI can vary greatly in terms of sensitivity and specificity in the diagnosis of MS. This is especially true of primary progressive MS, which may not show the classic discrete lesions of relapsing-remitting MS. This is again correlated with clinical symptoms and blood tests.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.