multiple system atrophy
I have a aunt who was diagnosed first with parkinsins disease. The 1 year late with Multipe system atrophy. Even her own family has told her to give up. I remember that she is the reason I am the person I am today. She always belived in me and took me to church on Sunday Mornings. It is hard to just sit and watch her fight without any imediate family support. I have heard there might be stem cell research that might could help her in other countries such as australa or canada. Does any one have any one that is suffering with this diseas that might speak with her or at least give her some information that might give at least one ounze of hope. I know she is willing to give to science so other people may not have to deal with the negativity she does. Please send some info if you have anything at all. Thanks

Stem cell researchers are working on their use in multiple system atrophy, however the studies have not yet progressed to humans. Please check the link below they have info on the research that is being done.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10335497

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez

PMID: 12151

I am not a Doctor just a newer diagnosed patient. I am 43 and know what your going through. I can tell you I have done the why me, the depression thing and so on.
In my own personal experience stress makes my symptoms worse. And though it's easier said then done try to help your Aunt achieve a positive outlook it really helps.
There isn't treatment available at this time but that doesn't mean anyone should be telling her to give up. I truly believe anything is possible, I make jokes to my 16 year old saying just think when I am in a wheel chair we can get to the front of the line at amusement parks. I know this may sound ridiculous but when we focus on the positive it makes our minds react differently. I hope that you find the answers you seek and as Michael J. Fox says always look up!
My thoughts are with your family