Neurology Community
muscle tightness one side of body

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

muscle tightness one side of body

I have muscle tightness almost like the muscles are locked up on the left side of my body and right foot.  I also have a sensation of the tightness/pulling in the left posterior part of my head and behind my left eye.  At the area I have the tightness in my feet (arch) are lumps  my doctor said where due to tighness in my calf muscles similar to Dupuytren’s Contracture in the hands.

I was dx with cervical radiculopathy with mild central disc herniation. (Had surgery date scheduled and changed surgeons because had better rep and new surgeon doesn't think pain is caused from this)

I also have tmj with anterior disc dislocation.

The pain in my jaw and neck is there every day but about once a month or so the pain is my entire left side and my head.  This lasts about a week.  The thing is it all feels like the same kind of pain and tightness.  I haven't told the docs yet because I haven't seen them when this is flared up, I kind of blow it off and I'm afraid they will think I'm crazy and it's all in my head.  (I'm an RN and know how it is)  

I don't know if its related but for about the same amount of time my glands have been swoolen in the side of my neck and just below my ears.  I'm also concerned about a brain tumor because my grandmother had one (was dx at 60)
Can this all be related and what could it be?
Thank you
Dawn