muscle twitches and "cogwheel-like" motion
About two months ago I started to notice a tremor in my left thumb that would occur when I put it in a certain position, such as reaching for the space bar etc. while typing. Soon is was in my index, other fingers and both hands. No tremor while at rest. Then I would get some stiffness, pain etc. in the fingers while they were at rest, which was relieved by moving them. This was focused to the fingers, but over the last 3-4 weeks has subsided. It is now a general tenderness in the meat of the palm, and back of hand.

A week or so into the above symptoms I started to get fascinations all over my body. calf, thigh, arch of foot, arm, hand, back of neck, abdomen, etc. and some mild cramping. I have also noticed a "shaky, ratcheting, cogwheeling, vibrating, etc. sensation in my muscles when I drop my arms and legs down from a raised position" to quote another person on the board. For example, if I am sitting and I extend my leg and then let it down slowly, or extend my arm, point my hand up at a 45 degree angle, then slowly lower it, etc.

I am wondering what these symptoms could mean? I have been to a neurologist. I had a clean contrast MRI and will have a nerve conduction study next week. I was prescribed 50 mg daily pregabalin (Lyrica), presumably for fibromyalgia. Any input, physician or otherwise, would be appreciated.