Neurology Expert Forum
my 3 yr old with shaky hands and constantly cold

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Ok well I have I have a 3 yr old daughter, she is constantly complaining of being cold and lately when she wakes up in the morning she has these tremors in her hands and thru out the day where they will start and stop with nothing in particular triggering it.
This morning I noticed her hands shaking so bad she couldnt even hold her toothbrush.
I really just started to notice the hand shaking and when she ate the hand shaking went away or slowed down but her teacher has stated she is constantly complaining of being cold at school.
I am worried this could be a bigger problem.
I work full time and dont really get to observe her during the day but I am wondering what could be causing the constant coldness feeling and the tremors in her hands (which I just noticed).
She is also very irritable and constantly gets upset for the littlest reasons. She has some muscle weakness in her upper body.
I am just very scared right now for my daughter and would like any suggestions.
Thank you!
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

From a neurological perspective, there is an area of the brain called the hypothalamus which is responsible for thermoregulation. However, lesions in this location are rare. I would highly recommend that you have your daughter evaluated by a pediatrician. She should have her thyroid and basic blood chemistries checked.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck!