Neurology Community
my eye lid is shaking.is it true it is due to neurological disorder

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hello Doctor,
              I am a software professional and my age is 25yrs.one and half year back i got PIVD surgery at L5 in the spinal cord but still i am having small problems ..i.e, pain at neck,leg muscle get strucked some times.when i consult one neuro surgeon he suggest me some phsyotherapy exercise.i am doing it for the past 2 months.Now my query is for past one week onwards ,my right eyelid is shaking  very frequently.when i got enquired about this ,i came to know that it is due two things 1) due to stress and 2)neurological disorder.
                                my question is,is there any chance of shaking of eyelid due to problems in spinal cord or any neurological problems.if so,what is precautions i need to take to avoid it in futur.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
It is good to know that you understood your problem perfectly and you have a good neurosurgeon. With Physiotherapy your : pain at neck,leg muscle get strucked some times will go off.

For the eyelid thou this is nothing to do with spinal nerves and this is purely reflex and also due to stress related sometimes.
Take enough rest, sleep and multivitamins and if it does not stop you need to do some
eye lid exercises and consult an ophthalmologist / neurologist. Take care !                                                                    
Hi Doctor,
   Thanks for clearing my doubt about eyelid shaking.infact your answer gives me much relief.thankyou very much.
bye
Hari