Neurology Community
my hand and leg, please help me

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

my hand and leg, please help me

Hi, since a couple of weeks ago I feel awkward, all my body system are mixed up. The most clear symptom I feel is about my right leg and right hand which I feel needles on them all the time and also they my right hand and foot are cold. my left hip aches and I feel like shaking in my hands and legs.morovere, the joint of my right knee is painful.sometimes I have headache and my jaws are kind of heavy and have strange feelings. On the whole, mentally, i'm really down and very depressed and scared of disease like ALS and such things. My husband says if you think about that all the time you will get it but I'm very disappointed and anxious. Please help me and tell me what type of doctor I should see about it. I forgot to say that i feel backache newly too. I don't know these are related to each other or not.Thank you
Tags: hand and leg needles
Avatar n tn
please tell me your opinion. I'm waiting for that unpaciently.
Avatar n tn
Hi.

First of all, please do calm down. I understand that you are very anxious about your symptoms but this may further aggravate them if you do not try and control your anxiety.

Your symptoms are, at the moment, non-specific and cannot suggest any particular disorder that would be the certain cause of your condition. Although amyotrophic lateral sclerosis can present with some of your symptoms, it would be premature to consider it as a primary diagnosis without any ancillary tests done such as an electromyography (EMG). Furthermore, ALS usually presents with muscle atrophy and weakness, and spares cognitive and sensory functions.

Some conditions that could possibly cause your symptoms include nerve or spinal cord compression secondary to degenerative disk disease or disk herniation, vitamin and mineral deficiencies, endocrine disorders, osteoarthritis, etc. However, the presence of backache and predominantly one-sided (in this case, the right side) symptoms might suggest a spine disorder leading to nerve or spinal cord involvement as more likely of the aforementioned conditions.

I would advise you to consult a neurologist to have a complete neurological evaluation done and to, possibly, schedule you for an MRI to determine the underlying cause of your symptoms.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.