myelomalacia and severe canal senosis
My husband's MRI Impression reads "......posterior disc osteophyte complex at all levels, most prominent at C4-C5 and C6-C7 resulting in severe canal stenosis.  There is anterior indentation on the spinal cord at these two levels.  There is linear hyperintense T2 signal of the spinal cord posterior to the C4 vertebral body likely representing cord edema/myelomalacia.  There is significant bilateral foraminal stenosis at multiple levels ....."  Could this be causing the pain in his neck, shoulder and arm?  If so, what can be done to relieve the pain.  And if so, is surgery or pain meds the only alternatives?
I was diagnosed with Myelomalacia and Central  cord atrophy. C-4 to C6. I was referred to a specialist out of state. For 2 month I felt as if the surgery had really worked. After going back to the surgeon, he said this was not uncommon and the surgery was to free the spinal cord so no further damage was done. I cannot afford an MRI because I have a large deductible. I will go back in Jan. Of next year, when I have Medicare. The surgery and recovery was so painful, I do not think I can go through another one. I hope you can find someone who can help you. Hang in there. Being in constant pain sucks.
I was diagnosed with Myelomalacia and Central  cord atrophy. C-4 to C6. I was referred to a specialist out of state. For 2 month I felt as if the surgery had really worked. After going back to the surgeon, he said this was not uncommon and the surgery was to free the spinal cord so no further damage was done. I cannot afford an MRI because I have a large deductible. I will go back in Jan. Of next year, when I have Medicare. The surgery and recovery was so painful, I do not think I can go through another one. I hope you can find someone who can help you. Hang in there. Being in constant pain sucks. I have burning pain in both hands and left arm pain. You did not say where exactly the pain was. Does he have numbness and tingling also?