myelomalacia cervical spine
I previously had a fusion c4-c6 and now after an MRI am diagnosed with myelomalacia c6, c7 and mild cervical stenosis c7, t1.  My neurosurgeon's assistant doesn't see the alarm and tells me continue with Ibuprofen and muscle relaxers as I cannot walk without losing my balance and have very weak arms and leg muscles.  I have difficulty walking from the front door to the car without muscle exhaustion but he seems to feel It's not as bad as it sounds after the research I've done on the internet,  I have an appointment with the actual Neurosurgeon at the end of the month but am losing sleep wondering if this is really nothing to be concerned about or if all the reading I've done should have me searching for a new Neurosurgeon.  Can anyone enlighten me?

This discussion is related to Myelomalacia.
Did you ever get an answer to the above? have you since seen your neurologist? I would like to know the followup as I just found out I have myelomalacia as well in C5-6. I am 6 years postsurgery for a diskectomy at c4-5,6-7, with laminectomy, etc. I have new symptons arising lately, including twitching in my arms, weakness in my right leg in particular, muscle fatigue when walking or doing anything. My doc's physician's assistant has just skirted the issue, really, but I can't find much on the web or anywhere about this condition.
thanks.
Find another doctor asap.
This is nothing to play with, this is the softening of the spinal cord. Bleeding of the spinal cord can occur.  It causes impairment of motor function in lower extremities, It lessens or kills reflexes of the pelvic limbs and anus, loss of deep pain perception from the coccyx to the site of spinal cord injury, wasting away of muscle tissue, depressed mental state, and problems breathing due to paralysis of the diaphragm.