Neurology Community
nausea and vomiting due to M.S

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

nausea and vomiting due to M.S

I have M.S which also comes with constant nausea and at least once a month a bout of 24 hours of vomiting and fatigue so bad that i can not stay awake. I usually vomit every 20 to 30 mins and then drag myself back to bed and pass out again. Last time i had one of these attacks i vomited 29 times. When it first started i would also get a blinding headache but the last year it has just been a pain behind my right eye. This has been written off as another symptom of M.S even though it is not common do you think i should get another opinion or accept this diagnosis?

This discussion is related to Severe Nausea and Vomiting With MS.
Were you ever tested for lyme's disease?  My daughter was diagnosed with MS when they couldn't find anything else to pin it on.  Because lymes tests are not really accurate and my daughter's test came back negative most of the neuros we saw said it wasn't it.  We treated her with antibiotics after the recommendation of an infectious disease doc and she got better. While that was going on and I was reseraching the internet, I discovered that alot of Lymes gets misdiagnosed as MS.

Have they done a brain MRI?  Ask for one if not.
I have MS and began 3 weeks ago with constant severe nausea and vomiting. I began taking an oral MS drug which only has GI prob. for about a month. I did fine until 1 month ago. I have never heard of this before now.
it is like when i was pregnant with my 2 children during the 1st trimester.
I do hope this goes away. God Bless .