neck and hand shaking
Hi there,

I am a 21 years old female. Before 5-6 years I realized that when i was stressed from an exam or other situation my hand and a neck tremor. my hand also tremors when I keep a tea cup. When I am writing something down my neck is shaking. This is so disturbing to me and I don't know what is causing me this because I have always had a good health. I have never checked on a doctor for this problem. Please I need your help. This is becoming a problem for me because I feel nervous when other people see me. Please help me
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

Generally, this kind of non-intentional tremors occur when you are depressed or stressed due to general anxiety disorder. A doctor may suggest counseling or psychotherapy, physiotherapy, treating related stress and avoidance of triggering factors by doing meditations/yoga that can be helpful in recovering from the condition. Additionally, it will be helpful if you keep the tremor occurrence log where you can record and specifics the tremor, including how long they lasted, any triggering factors that you may have noticed. This will help your doctor to determine the nature of the tremor and factors that causing it, therefore what kind of treatment needs to be started. Hope this information proves helpful to you.

Take Care & Regards!!!