neck pain and fatigue
About 4 months ago, I started to have pain on the right side of my neck in the back.  I had just gotten over a bad cold and thought the virus had settled in my neck.  Here I am 4 months later and I still have the pain.  Sometime it is worse than others.  I usually have daily headaches.  I can move my head but it hurts when I move it.  It hurts the worst when I look down (I can touch my chin to my chest - but painful).  I have also had the following sypmptoms: fatigue, chills, fever 99-101, cough, sleeplessness, chest pain (from coughing) and irritablity.  I was also diagnosed with CMV about 2 months ago.  My MD ordered a CT scan (I don't have the results of this yet) and some blood work.  She said my blood work is pretty normal, but I have an elevate SED Rate.  Any suggestions of other diagnosis I could look up besides CMV and meningitis.  I have a lot of the s/s of meningitis but I they have been on-going for a while and not onset suddenly.

sounds like you need to have some imaging done on your neck and spine? Have you tried ice/heat?  Menigitis is an infected disorder that would have surely manifested itself as something worse by now.  You might check you sleeping araigments (pillows, bed etc) to be sure that you are getting proper neck support.

Hope this helps