Neurology Community
need answers please
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

need answers please

I have an appointment with a hematologist because of something in an mri. Is this common or something I should not take lightly? I was told it's probably nothing but I really don't understand what this stuff means and can't really find what I'm looking for online. So if you are familiar or know anyone who has been referred for this type of thing please let me know what to expect. I really don't like getting blindsided and not know what to ask or anything. I have already had a cbc in Jan. which outside of a few things was normal from my gp
I am listing the part of the MRI that I was told is the reason for the referral below, if anyone in the community can help me better understand my situation I would very much appreciate it!

2. Diminished marrow signal intensity on T1-weighted imaging, nonspecific. Consider response to anemia/red marrow expansion, smoking if applicable to this patient, less likely other marrow infiltrative conditions. CBC correlation recommended.
3. Nonspecific T2 prolongation in the central substance of the C4 vertebral body. This does not extend into the posterior elements or to the endplates. Atypical hemangioma is one consideration. Dedicated CT imaging could further evaluate. If unrevealing by CT, bone scan would be of diagnostic value.
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

The MRI has described diminished bone marrow signal which could occur due to a number of conditions, which could have been responsible for your symptoms. Hence you have been advised to see a haematologist for further evaluation if the bone marrow and to assess its normal function with formation of normal blood cell components. It would be best to discuss the situation and the management pan in detail with your treating haematologist.
Hope this is helpful..

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949