Neurology Community
need help badly

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

need help badly

Ok, so something happened to me 12 days ago.  I was sleeping one night and I woke up and it felt as if my mind was moving back and fourth(one doctor said it sounded like nystagmus). I tried to stand and I could not balance because my body wanted to rock with my head.  This would happen again everytime before I almost fell into a deep sleep. I wasn't able to sleep the rest of the night.  The following night it happened again and I haven't slept since(12 days).  Maybe I have a little the last few days because I've had a couple dreaming sessions, but it only lasted 30 mins and then I wake.  This has been in the last few nights, but I had a mental rocking sensation when I came out of it.

I've seen all kinds of doctors and have had kinds of tests, such as MRI, EEG, ct scan, blood work. One doctor said it sounds neurological and it certainly feels that way.  My eeg showed I went into a stage 2 sleep, but i remember being aware of everything.Along with my inability to sleep, I've been having
memory problems, fatigue, dizziness, and migraines, constant sleepiness.

The only thing found wrong with me after several days at the hospital was a hyperactive thyroid(very).  My neurologist is so convinced that this is my problem, but I don't understand why I had that severe feeling mental episode those 2 nights and now I haven't slept but maybe once for 30 mins since.

I don't feel hot like you do with hyperthyroidism, but cold. My memory also feels really bad when compared to before:  The tests do show my thyroId is out of balance and I hope that's all this  is.  I know I don't feel right and that the feeling I had the night this started felt significant.  I'm kind of scared as I don't know what else to do and am afraid of not sleeping.  Is It possible this could all just be related to my thyroid?  I've never read of such a
feeling from a thyroid.Could it maybe just be causing a severe sleep pattern disturbance that gave me that feeling? What should I do? Please help
There is only one thing that has been found wrong with me
Tags: sleep
If the blood work came back saying that you have hyperthyroidism...it is.

You have the EXACT same symptoms as my younger brother. He is cold all the time...not hot, as well...and that is what he has.

Some of the medication helps, but his legs "spasm" ( understatement ) especially at night because of it.

My brother's has gotten so bad at times that he has threatened to do the unthinkable.

Try the meds and see if they help. Not sleeping is what is going to make things worse.
My brother now lives with my mom, and sleeps on her couch, just so that people can watch him. He was terrified to sleep, but by sleeping at her house, on the couch, wrapped up like a cocoon, has helped.

He functions much better now than he did a few months ago. He also sleeps soundly now, and isn't terrified anymore. Once the pills kicked in, he felt great. Just don't take with alcohol!! It'll scare you more than anything he says.

He says the night sweats aren't as bad now ( has them once in awhile still ) and he is more alert.

Good luck.
Did they do a CT scan as well ?
Yes, they did the ct scan scan and it was normal.  Do you think my thyroid could be what caused the crazy rocking feelings in my head that only happen right before falling into a deep sleep.  I open my eyes and everything in my head feels to be moving back and forth, as well as  in front of my eyes and I can't balance.  So strange how it only happened/happens during this one spot in my sleep cycle.  You think it's just my thyroid messing with my sleep cycle or causing something neurological? I've had difficulty typing this because I feel so confused mentally.  Thanks so much for the responses.