need to understand pseudotumor cerebri better. help!
I have been experiencing severe headaches with blurred vision, some dizziness, and some eye pain for the past 4-5 weeks.  These headaches at least twice a week are truly severe; my head pounds so hard I can hear it and often really bad pain extends into the back of my neck.  When it gets really bad I literally cannot do anything, sometimes sitting up feels like too much.  Usually I will wake up with my head throbbing.  I was on accutane for about 2 months (60 mg), but stopped over 3 weeks ago and am not finding relief in my symptoms.  I went to an opthamologist today and got my eyes checked out.  Because of accutane and even my birth control, he was worried about the possibility of pseudotumor cerebri (as my dermatologist was).  But he saw no signs of papiladema (not sure how to spell that), and he prescribed me glasses (I used to be 20/20) and said to wear them fairly often for the next three weeks and see if my symptoms subside at all.  But if they don't then I have to get some tests done.  I'm really freaked out and don't fully understand this condition!  Is this extremely rare? I am also worried because if I don't have this and my symptoms are still present what happens then?  These headaches are absolutely unbearable!  Nothing gets rid of them!  Is it possible to have pseudotumor cerebri and not have papiladema present?  I'm very worried anyone with experience with this please give me some info or advice!
Please someone!!
oh! I thought of a question I forgot to ask...  Can you have pseudotmor cerebri without papilledema?!  and what tests are done to try to find a diagnosis if there is no papilledema?
Hi there. Pseudo tumor cerebri is a condition seen particularly in obese women in perimenopausal state. certain medicines can increase the risk like birth control pills, isotretinoin, steroids and vitamin A. certain factors may predispose the condition like obesity, iron deficiency anemia. symptoms may include blurred vision, buzzing in the ear, dizziness, double vision, nausea and loss of vision. Signs seen are bulging anterior fontenalle and increased head size and swelling of optic nerve in the back of the eye or the papilledema.  Certain tests like CT head, eye examination along with visual field testing and lumbar puncture. Treatment includes treating the cause of the pseudotumor. Lumbar puncture can relieve pressure in the brain and prevent vision problems. Fluid or salt restriction, medicines like acetazolamide, shunting and weight loss. Lastly surgery might be required to relieve pressure on the optic nerve. Take care.

hey my name is cory and i have the same proplem, ive been on 60 mgs of accutane for 5 months and ivd been off of it for almost 7 months now, and i have the same problem as you, today im going to get an MRI. ive also been having double visioon which i think is that diplo word