nerve damage after radiofrequency ablation
I had a PLIF with plating in Aug. 2009 with ongoing complaints of pain and radicular symptoms. After having a radiofrequency ablasion I lost all sensation and use of left leg. After IV steroids I've regained use at hip and partial at knee. MRI is negative and EMG shows damage to L5. My foot is always cold and veins distended and leg becomes purple. I continue to have decreased sensation from ball of foot through the toes and marked weakness. I have clonus and other involuntary movements and spasm at the ankle and foot. First off, has anyone ever heard of this as complication of radiofrequency ablasion? and recommend further treatment and what's my prognosis?
Hello, I am currently going through the same thing and it is terrible.  I was wondering if you found out anything that would help?  Thanks a lot!