nerve pain after hernia surgery
Dear Dr,
3 years ago I went through groin hernia repair surgery, since then I had pains in my testicle, my groin and in my inner thigh. After years of medications and treatments - I went to a surgeon that recommanded me a surgery of neurectomy.
Month and a half ago I have passed this surgery and since then I feel great improve but the pain in my inner thigh left. It's important to say that the pain was going worsen whenever I lift something or put a tight belt - and now the pain appears whenever I do that but my testicle and the groin are not responding to that as then.
My question is which type of doctor should I see? since the pain is in my inner thigh but seems to be radiated by the surgery place... thanks alot!
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. Was neurectomy performed on lateral femoral cutaneous nerve? Symptom wise it sounds like compression of lateral femoral cutaneous nerve. This condition is called meralgia paresthetica and is often due to weight gain or wearing tight clothes and belts. Losing some weight or wearing loose clothes and belts often helps relieve the pain/numbness/tingling. Also injection of lignocaine (anesthetic agent) at the site helps. In your case you can apply a pain reliever at the site. Keep a hot water bottle/heating pad while sleeping and apply a local analgesic cream.
The other possibility is a recurrence of hernia. Please discuss with your treating doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.