nerve pain in head
In 2004 I injured my spine when I helped my father when he fell.  From that time I started having absolutely awful pain in the top of my head.  In 2005 I had an MRI and it showed severe damage to c3 through c7.  It wasn't until both my parents died that I could look for treatment.  I finally had an operation January 26, 2011.  Discs C3 through C7 were removed; donor bone inserted, synthetic fusion, plus a plate and screws.  Well, about two months after the operation the pains returned.  Last Thursday I had four injections into my scalp in the home that it would block the nerve pain.  It actually lasted five days, but I really want to know if there is a way of cutting the nerve in question.  I don't want to live the rest of my life like this.  Pain is excruciating.
Hi there. The pain after spinal cord injury can be of several types.  it can be classified into three groups viz. neuropathic pain caused by damage or dysfunction in the nervous system including the spinal cord. This can be spinal cord injury pain, segmental pain that can be associated with allodynia and hyperalgesia in the painful region. Nerve root entrapment pain and syringomyelia are other groups of neuropathic pain. The other category of pain is musculoskeletal due to secondary overuse and muscle spasms after spinal cord injury and surgery. Pain management includes treatment with medications, modified activities or combination. consult your neurosurgeon about the medications like neurotin, nortriptyline, amitriptyline and a pump implanted under the skin to deliver opiates and clonidine. spinal cord stimulation and epidural blocks with surgical procedures like dorsal root entry zone lesions and dorsal rhizotomy can help. if vertebral instability is causing nerve root entrapment pain, it must be relieved by opiates, neuropathic pain relieving medications. Hope this helps. Take care.

hello my problem is extream shaking and throbing in the head and the body i want to know what can be done about this. this problem prevents me from sleepng. mostly every night