nerves dying
My dad went to the doctor lately and the doctor told him his nerves are dying in his legs and feet.  They didnt really explain alot to him and we are completely confused.  The doctor acts as if we are demeaning their credit and we are just trying to find out because it sound really scary.  It's scary to know that my dad could be in a wheel chair in a few years but they wont let us know.  He is going to take some more test on the nerves but for now we want to know something.  I have looked on the internet and looked up symptoms and it says it could be from diabetes but he doesnt have diabetes.  What could the nerves in your legs and feet be dying mean.  We just want some sort of idea.  Can you please help us?

Nicole
Would someone PLEASE answer this.  We are in the same situation and it would be good to understand just what is going on in lamen terms!!!