Neurology Community
neuropathy

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

neuropathy

In January I had an RF ablation for my a-fib/a-flutter. The procedure took 8 hours. When I was totally awake in recovery I noticed that I had no feeling in both of my thighs (outside thigh area). The next day the feeling in my right thigh came back, however as of today I still do not have any feeling in the left thigh. The numbness is from the top of the thigh to just above my knee. At first I was told that the numbness was due to the novacaine irritating the nerve or because I had to lay flat for so long, and that in a couple of months I should have all feeling back. It is now 6 months and I have no improvement. Sometimes it feels like my thigh is on fire, and I get the feeling like someone is sticking needles in my thigh. My EP doctors have told me to just give it time, however I am afraid that if I wait too long to do something it will never get better. Can I expect the neuropathy to go away? Is there some kind of medicine I can take that will help? Should I see a neurologist? Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.