neutralized calcified granuloma in brain
Dear doctor,

I'm 21yrs old.I don't have any health reoccuring disorders.. I have neutralized calcified granuloma at right hemisphere of my brain.. why is it formed?How it neutralized?how it long will be there?

Hi!
It basically means that the granuloma is an old one as it is calcified and since it is neutralized—it is dead or does not contain any infection. The granuloma can form due to any inflammation, parasites travelling in blood, bacterial infection including tuberculosis, viral infection, etc that get localized and calcified. Usually no treatment is required as usually they are small and do not cause any symptoms and may be a chance finding. However, bigger and symptomatic granulomas may need surgery. Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.