no bowel sensation
For 2 years now i have have very little if any at all urge to have a bowel movement. I do not have incontinence though... my body just wont go! So for the last 1.5 yrs i dealt with it and then in the last few months started using suppositories for relief. If i do get an urge to go it is a very distant feeling, very faint. I have had ultrasounds, xrays, colonoscopy and an MRI. they are trying to say it is pelvic floor dysfunction but i don't have the pain involved with that. I know that my rectum is very tight and I was given some sort of nephpedamine or some sort of muscle relaxer for that area but that doesnt help much. my stools are very thin when they do come out.  Any one else out there with an idea... I had gone to the ER recently for a wrist issue and he listened to my symptoms above and said i should see a neurologist. I feel like the doctors here in Santa Cruz CA just keep passing the buck to another doctor and I just get the bill. I have had tons of blood work and all is ok there but i have gained weight since i am retaining all these bowels..yuk.... I am a 30 yr old female.
have you stared any new meds 2 years ago? I just recently have lost the sensation. I will think all I have to do is pee and then my bowels. I've never had an accident but that is my worry when I'm older. I just started taking citophram for anxiety and thats when this started so I thought it was my meds.
I'm dealing with the same type issue.  I am 33 & my body stopped working in the past 6 months.  I am hoping they fig it out with my next tests.  I was in ER last week because it had been 17 days since I had a BM - and that hurt.  Now, it's been 7 days since my last BM - I am on softeners, fiber, miralax, water, amitiza & NOTHING!  I'm beginning to get worried.